Regular actuator and gearbox maintenance and refurbishment will keep your critical systems operating smoothly.
Our Limitorque Blue Ribbon Service Center technicians are here to prevent plant shutdowns.
Maintaining your Limitorque actuators and gearboxes is key to optimizing your system for efficiency and reliability. At Action Automation, we have a team of factory-trained technicians who specialize in Limitorque actuator repair and refurbishment. Serving Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Eastern Iowa our repair and refurbishment services are available 24/7.
- Actuator refurbishment
- Limitorque repair
- Limitorque refurbishment
- SMB repair
- SMA repair
- Actuator repair
- HBC repair
- SMC repair
- Actuator life extension
- Motor operator maintenance
- Motor operator repair
- Scheduled actuator maintenance
- Actuator maintenance
- Outage repairs
- Gearbox repair
Scheduled actuator maintenance will extend the life of your industrial equipment. Moreover, it will reduce plant shutdowns.
If properly maintained, we are confident your Limitorque parts can last decades. We recommend actuator inspections every 18-24 months. During an inspection, the actuators’ oil or grease should be checked. Full maintenance checks should be conducted every 5 years, especially on actuators and motor-operated valves that are pivotal in the plant’s critical systems.
There are, however, exceptions to these actuator maintenance guidelines. Here are some circumstances that require more frequent operational checks.
If your motor-operated valve:
- operates constantly with a 120*F ambient temperature
- modulates frequently
- is exercised rarely
In addition, if:
- you’ve experienced a valve packing leak
- there is a water hammer
- or an extreme cavitation
With regular actuator maintenance and refurbishment, you can significantly reduce plant downtime and rest easy knowing your equipment will work when it’s needed.
If you are experiencing a problem with your existing actuator, our specialty Limitorque technicians are here to help.
Overworked and under-maintained actuators can cause issues. Our team understands the importance of ensuring your equipment is running properly. As a result, we are on-call 24/7.
Each situation is different and requires a unique approach, but here are some ways we can help troubleshoot your malfunctioning actuator:
- We may begin by troubleshooting over the phone.
- On the other hand, we could ask you to ship the broken actuator to our nearest Limitorque Blue Ribbon Service Center for refurbishment.
- Alternatively, we can come on-site to remove the broken actuator, bring it back to our shop, and return it to the plant to reinstall the refurbished equipment.
- In some cases, we may attempt an on-site fix–however, if the actuator has not been maintained, it is generally better to remove it for a complete refurbishment.
Common Limitorque electric actuators and gearboxes we work on:
We offer the same maintenance, repair, and refurbishment services on actuators from EIM, Rotork, Auma, Cutler-Hammer, Link-Belt, and Leeds and Northrup.
Here’s how our factory-trained Limitorque technicians repair, refurbish, and maintain your actuators.
Our Limitorque technicians focus on repairing, refurbishing, and maintaining actuators, day-in, and day-out. When new equipment and technology hit the shelves, they are the first to line up for additional training. It is this dedication and focus that makes our team an efficient and reliable service company for some of the largest industrial plants in the midwest. For instance, Duke Energy, BP Whiting and Pipeline, Nipsco, US Steel, NRG Energy, and more rely on us to keep their motor-operated valves working smoothly. We are your preferred Limitorque actuator sales and service company.
- Firstly, we identify your actuator by getting the Limitorque order and serial number from the main nameplate.
- Then, we provide an estimate. This estimate may include, for example, the cost for labor, replacement gaskets, seals, grease, and ball bearings.
- After the estimate is approved and the order received, we will pick up the equipment from your site. On the other hand, it could be sent to us, meaning we would await its delivery.
- Once the actuator is at our Limitorque Blue Ribbon Service Center, we run-test the operator and track the results. This process includes:
- measuring the motor amp drawing
- megging the motor
- functionally testing the operator to see that it works manually with the handwheel
- testing the torque switch and limit switch
- With all the testing information recorded, we completely disassemble the equipment.
- Subsequently, each part of the equipment is cleaned in our specially designed aqueous wash tanks. In short, by removing debris from all of the body cavities and stuck on grease, we can carefully inspect each component.
- During the inspection of the actuator and gearbox components, we are looking for stress cracks, wear, and part deformation. We also measure the spring pack to check for proper spring and stack height.
- In order to achieve the prescribed torque outputs, we reassemble the spring packs and compress them.
- At this time, we note all items that require replacement. We will write up an estimate for the new parts.
- When the new parts are approved, we will reassemble the actuator or gearbox.
- Finally, we test the equipment as we did in the beginning to make sure all systems function.
- As part of our Quality Assurance program, functional testing is witnessed by our quality team because this ensures a first-class result.
- Lastly, your actuator is returned in like-new condition.
Whether you’re looking for a reliable and dedicated team for scheduled actuator and gearbox maintenance or need an emergency repair, Action Automation is here to help. With a reputation for putting out fires fast and a vast Limitorque parts inventory, you can rely on us for efficiency and class-A service. Call us today at (708) 388-3232.
You can call our 24-hour emergency service line at (630) 989-3231 if this is an emergency.
Recent Blog Posts
In-house engineering prevents Peoples Energy from 10 week shutdown.
Customer Peoples Energy – Fisher, IL Project Overview Peoples Energy contracted Action Automation to assist with the remediation of a… Read more »
Valves, Actuators, Gearboxes and Parts
As a Limitorque Distributor and Blue Ribbon Service Center, our technicians are factory trained and authorized to perform routine maintenance, repair, and modifications while honoring factory warranties. With 80+ years of industry experience, we are more than Limitorque distributors, we are problem solvers.
Certified Technicians and Quality Services
When details are important, Action Automation does it right. We listen to your requirements, ask questions and offer the best solutions and products for your application.
Call us today at (708) 388-3232
24-Hour Emergency Service
Our associates are available when you need them. We can respond by providing emergency parts, machining, or on-site technical expertise. We specialize in servicing actuators, that have malfunctioned electronically or mechanically, causing system shutdown or redirection. We aim to get you back in business as soon as possible.