Our technicians are certified, and our services warrantied.
When it comes to precision alterations, modifications and preventive maintenance, Action Automation does it right. We specialize in servicing actuators that have malfunctioned electrically or mechanically, causing system shutdown or redirection.
With our turnkey service capabilities and in-house machining and design, we help keep your operations running efficiently and extend your actuator’s life cycle using the right products.
We are here when you need us, Action Automation offers 24-Hour emergency service support to get you back in business as soon as possible.
Our experienced team of machinists brings decades of industry experience transforming multi-turn actuators into linear applications. This track record extends to our control valve retrofitting and facilitation of moving from air operators to Limitorque electric actuators.
We perform this service by modifying, fabricating and building:
- New valve stems
- Valve yokes
- Yoke nuts
- Stem extensions
- Brackets for non-rising stem gate valves
- Top hats for buried service valves
Stem nuts are the most common reason for failures in motor operated valves. These nuts may seem insignificant, but as the drive element between the valve and the actuator, they are responsible for opening and closing valves. Stem nuts are the most common reason for failures in motor operated valves. Action Automation can thread for any size actuator in our machine shop and offer quick turnaround times at a fraction of the cost from OEM’s. We maintain inventory for all Limitorque actuator models.
Our stem nut machining services include:
- Threads for single, double and triple lead threads
- 29-degree standard acme threads
- Stub acme threads
- Metric threads
- Internal threads for stems that have rolled threads
- Modified stub acme threads
- Bore and key steel stem nuts
- New yoke nuts for manually operated valves
- Wire EDM splines in nuts on the OD and ID for any configuration
Whether you source your new actuators from Action Automation or elsewhere, we are trained and experienced in performing the start-up services to keep your Limitorque warranty valid and active.
From oil refineries and pipelines to power plants and water treatment plants, our technicians have undergone intensive safety and technical training to service Limitorque actuators.
Our services include:
- Removing electric actuators prior to welding valves in line
- Remounting valves
- Setting limits back on the valve
- Recalibrating actuators to the valve
Whether you need to fit old valves with new actuators, new valves with old actuators, or gear operators on valves that are too difficult to operate, Action Automation is your complete source for engineering, design and custom fabrication of adaption plates.
We make the job easy for you as we provide preliminary measurements, design, CAD drawings and documentation.
Here’s how to get started
For valves with existing mounting plates:
- Measure the bolt circle of the existing mounting plate.
- Measure the existing plate’s thickness.
- Measure the OD and the ID of the existing plate.
- Measure and record the distance from the top of the valve stem (in the fully closed position) to the top of the existing valve plate.
- Contact one of our experts. Tell us what size actuator you are planning to use. We will custom fabricate a transition mounting plate for your application.
For handwheel operated valves:
- Remove the existing handwheel, the yoke nut locking nut and the yoke nut itself.
- Measure and record the OD and the ID of the valve yoke’s neck.
- Measure and record the distance from the top of the valve stem (in the fully closed position) to the top of the valve yoke.
- Contact one of our experts. Tell us what size and type actuator you are planning to use. We will fabricate a plate that meets your specifications.
**Welding will be required to permanently attach the plate to the valve. When doing this, care must be given to assure perpendicularity. If you need help with this attachment, our team is here for you.
Please contact us with any requests or questions regarding adaption plate manufacturing.
Action Automation is the solution for rebuilding old electric actuators and making them look and operate like new again. Our skilled technicians and attention to detail ensure that we meet manufacturer standards and perform the necessary preventative maintenance to maximize actuator performance and reduce downtime.
We perform extensive electric actuator preventive maintenance activities. A partial list of our actuator rebuilding services includes:
- Baseline actuator testing
- Complete actuator disassembly
- Degreasing and cleaning of actuator housing and internal parts
- Chase threads of all tapped holes
- Gasket, seal and ball bearing replacement
- Final testing of actuator, primer and paint housings
- Documentation of all work performed
- One (1) year warranty of all supplied parts and labor
The Action Automation difference lies in our investment in skilled technicians and their attention to details. If your actuators need to be rebuilt after years of use or even neglect, we will ensure they come back to you looking and functioning like new equipment.
Please contact us with any requests or questions regarding actuator rebuilding.
Call us today at (708) 388-3232
24-Hour Emergency Service
Our associates are available when you need them. We can respond by providing emergency parts, machining, or on-site technical expertise. We specialize in servicing actuators, that have malfunctioned electronically or mechanically, causing system shutdown or redirection. We aim to get you back in business as soon as possible.