Our technicians are certified, and our services warrantied.
Adaption Plate Manufacturing
Whether you need to fit old valves with new actuators, new valves with old actuators, or gear operators on valves that are too difficult to operate, Action Automation is your complete source for engineering, design and custom fabrication of adaption plates.
We make the job easy for you as we provide preliminary measurements, design, CAD drawings and documentation.
Here’s how to get started
For valves with existing mounting plates:
- Measure the bolt circle of the existing mounting plate.
- Measure the existing plate’s thickness.
- Measure the OD and the ID of the existing plate.
- Measure and record the distance from the top of the valve stem (in the fully closed position) to the top of the existing valve plate.
- Contact one of our experts. Tell us what size actuator you are planning to use. We will custom fabricate a transition mounting plate for your application.
For handwheel operated valves:
- Remove the existing handwheel, the yoke nut locking nut and the yoke nut itself.
- Measure and record the OD and the ID of the valve yoke’s neck.
- Measure and record the distance from the top of the valve stem (in the fully closed position) to the top of the valve yoke.
- Contact one of our experts. Tell us what size and type actuator you are planning to use. We will fabricate a plate that meets your specifications.
**Welding will be required to permanently attach the plate to the valve. When doing this, care must be given to assure perpendicularity. If you need help with this attachment, our team is here for you.
Please contact us with any requests or questions regarding adaption plate manufacturing.
Call us today at (708) 388-3232
24-Hour Emergency Service
Our associates are available when you need them. We can respond by providing emergency parts, machining, or on-site technical expertise. We specialize in servicing actuators, that have malfunctioned electronically or mechanically, causing system shutdown or redirection. We aim to get you back in business as soon as possible.